The 2018 CPTED Ontario conference registration form has now been posted under the News & Events tab. Please be sure to take advantage of the early bird special but hurry, it’s only available for a limited time.
The 2018 CPTED Ontario conference is fast approaching! This year’s conference will be held in the nation’s capital on Thursday, May 10th. The theme of the conference will be CPTED and Public Transit with lots of variety for everyone. A registration form will be sent out to members in the next couple of days. In the meantime, save the date!!!
Less than one week until the joint Central Ontario Crime Prevention Association (cocpa) and CPTED Ontario zone 1 & Annual General Meeting to be held on Friday, September 29th from 11:00 a.m. (CPTED Ontario members arrive at the 10:45 a.m. break) to 1:00 p.m. at the Peel Regional Police Association building at 10675 Mississauga R., Brampton.
If you wish to attend this free event to CPTED Ontario members, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The 2016 conference was a resounding success. Members can check out the presentations on the member’s only side.
The conference is just one week away. Now is the last time to register for your chance to learn about and experience first hand the enormous positive change that is occurring at Regent Park as Toronto Community Housing undertakes to revitalize that community. See you there!
This year’s Community Revitalization conference is fast approaching and is sure to be a memorable one. The conference will feature a tour of the new Regent Park. The time to register is now!!!!
I am pleased to announce that the Ramada Plaza Downtown located at 300 Jarvis St., Toronto has been designated as the conference hotel. The hotel is offering a special conference rate until Sept. 24th. You can take advantage of this by contacting the hotel by:
Phone: 416-977-4823 ext 0, Toll Free: 1-800-567-2233
Fax: (416) 977-4830
Be sure to tell them that you want the “CPTED Ontario” group rate when booking your room. Further details, along with parking information, can be found by clicking on the conference tab on the home page.
2016 CPTED ONTARIO
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
This award is presented to projects that exemplify, as much as possible, the implementation of the principles of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED), which have led to a reduction in the fear of crime and an improvement in the quality of life in the community. The following are the three underlying CPTED concepts.
- Natural Surveillance
- Natural Access Control
- Territorial Reinforcement
- Only projects that have been built or renovated in the previous three years, can be nominated.
- The number of Awards given in a year, will be at the discretion of the CPTED Ontario Board of Directors. If there are no projects deemed worthy of an Award of Excellence, the Board of Directors may decide not give any awards for that given year.
- Any members of CPTED Ontario can nominate projects to the CPTED Ontario Board of Directors for consideration.
- These Awards will be given on an annual basis at the CPTED Ontario Annual General Meeting.
- A signed nomination form must accompany each submission.
- A letter of authorization from the property owner for the nomination submission.
- A letter from the nominator outlining how the CPTED principles were implemented into the project and why the project is worthy of an Award.
- A minimum of 5 Images (photos) to illustrate the CPTED principles of the project. Images must be in colour with high resolution
- Images will not be returned and become property of CPTED Ontario.
Deadline for submissions: Friday, September 16, 2016
SAVE THE DATES!
CPTED Ontario is pleased to announce a 2 day conference beginning Tuesday October 18th to be held at the site of the largest public housing revitalization project in North America, known as Regent Park. The conference is being offered with the support of Toronto Community Housing, the largest provider of public housing on the continent.
The conference will include a tour of the site during a year which includes the largest transformation to date with 9 active sites under construction. For more information check out https://www.torontohousing.ca/regentpark and watch for web-site updates.
Please note that the date for the certification meeting has been changed to Friday April 22nd between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. at the Port Credit Arena located at 40 Stavebank Rd., Mississauga. The meeting will feature a presentation on the CPTED retrofit of the Arena by City of Mississauga Landscape Architect Randy Jamieson. It will be followed by a certification presentation by CPTED Ontario Treasurer Wayne Nishihama. All are welcome and encouraged to bring a project they wish feedback on.
Please be sure to register your attendance at firstname.lastname@example.org.