2016 CPTED ONTARIO
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
This award is presented to projects that exemplify, as much as possible, the implementation of the principles of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED), which have led to a reduction in the fear of crime and an improvement in the quality of life in the community. The following are the three underlying CPTED concepts.
- Natural Surveillance
- Natural Access Control
- Territorial Reinforcement
- Only projects that have been built or renovated in the previous three years, can be nominated.
- The number of Awards given in a year, will be at the discretion of the CPTED Ontario Board of Directors. If there are no projects deemed worthy of an Award of Excellence, the Board of Directors may decide not give any awards for that given year.
- Any members of CPTED Ontario can nominate projects to the CPTED Ontario Board of Directors for consideration.
- These Awards will be given on an annual basis at the CPTED Ontario Annual General Meeting.
- A signed nomination form must accompany each submission.
- A letter of authorization from the property owner for the nomination submission.
- A letter from the nominator outlining how the CPTED principles were implemented into the project and why the project is worthy of an Award.
- A minimum of 5 Images (photos) to illustrate the CPTED principles of the project. Images must be in colour with high resolution
- Images will not be returned and become property of CPTED Ontario.
Deadline for submissions: Friday, September 16, 2016